AdsenseChat.com

Go Back   AdsenseChat.com > Google AdSense Discussion > AdSense Articles
User Name
Password
Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!

Submit Thread:  Submit thread to Search N Sniff Sniff It  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Spurl Spurl
Old 09-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Big Kahuna

Smile Adsense Additions Create Opportunities

One of the great things about Adsense is that it changes all the time. Google is always introducing new tools and tinkering with its policies. Thatís why it doesnít matter how well youíve set up your traffic sources or how impressive your CTR is right now, you always have to check the Adsense site and stay up to date with whatís happening.

Fail to stay on the ball and you could find that your top technique could suddenly get you banned or that youíre missing out on an opportunity to massively boost your revenues.

That sounds like a lot of extra work, so why is it a good thing?

Itís a good thing because it means that Google is very responsive to its publishers. If youíve got an idea that you think would improve the way Adsense works, thereís no reason why you shouldnít drop them a line or start talking about it on one of the forums. We donít have control over Adsense but we do have influence. We should all be using it.

In fact, at the end of August, Google announced some more changes to its policies. (I say ďannounced,Ē but if you werenít regularly checking the Adsense policies page or following Adsense news, you wouldnít have known a thing about it.)

The first change is that you can now put ad units on your error, login, registration, thank you and welcome pages. Thatís a huge difference.

Obviously, you want to put your ad units in as many places as possible to increase the odds that someone will click. But for most people, these pages contain nothing more than a couple of words. That doesnít give a good context for targeted ads and it makes it unlikely that anyoneís going to click.

If you want to put ads on these pages then, it will probably pay to turn them into extra content pages. You wouldnít have to put too much on them: just enough to make sure that youíre getting the right ads and to draw eyes to the unit without making it look like an advertisement. Thatís going to require making a few changes to your site but if you can make money when someone types in the wrong password, why shouldnít you?

The second change is even bigger. Google have now introduced a Top Queries tool that lets you see the most popular 25 keywords that people enter into your Adsense search box. Thatís even more important and Iím going to explain how you can that into cash in my next article. Donít miss it!

Joel
Old 09-06-2005, 12:39 PM
AdSense Pioneer

Default Great find!

Hi Joel

Thanks for the tip. This will be very useful for forum owners. I noticed the 25 queries thing and have started using this to build new pages on these topics.

Arun
Old 09-06-2005, 12:47 PM
AdSense Pioneer

Question Thanks Joel

Thank you Joel for this important update. Could you tell me where I can read this officially in the Google Adsense TOS. I did not see any updates there yet.

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:56 PM
AdSense Pro

Thanks for the heads up, Joel...going to put ads on my error and thank you pages now!
Old 09-06-2005, 03:32 PM
AdSense Pioneer

Thanks, good news

Alex

www.firstbusiness.org
www.hypertraining.com
Old 09-06-2005, 04:35 PM
AdSense Pioneer

Talking Tap dancing with Adsense

Great info..this stuff keeps us on our tippy toes..
Thanks Joel.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:31 PM
AdSense Pro

Send a message via MSN to Vrindavan Send a message via Skype™ to Vrindavan

>>Top Queries tool

i am not promoting this much due to low earning compared,

then i will not get a good stat. out of it ?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:28 AM
AdSense Pioneer

Send a message via Yahoo to jayu
Great article Joel...I am looking for your next article now...
Old 09-13-2005, 04:48 PM
AdSense Pro

Good to know someone savvy is keeping their eyes peeled for us newbies. Thanks for the tips, and please keep'em coming.

Tyler - Rash Guards

Unread
AdsenseChat.com